Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Clarissa's Reading Bucket List

  1. Speak- by Laurie Halse Anderson: Well I really liked Thirteen Reasons Why and I heard this book is sort of like it. I want to read more books about bullying so I can understand more about it. A bunch of my friends said it was really good and its a quick read. Also, Mrs. Gillmore reccomended it and said it was a good book.
  2. I am Number Four- by Pitticuss Lore: I've already seen the movie and I absolutely loved it! I heard the book was even better, so I decided to read the book whenever I get the chance. Usually they mess up the movie because it is nothing like the book. I guess I'm going to find out!
  3. Harry Potter (series)- J.K. Rowling: I know its crazy but I haven't seen any of the movies because I always wanted to read the books first. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to read any of them because I've been so caught up in other series! Everyone tells me they are AMAZING and I want to know if they are for myself.
  4. Matched- by Ally Condle: During a promo that Mrs. Gillmore was presenting, she talked about a book called Matched. It seemed like a really great book that involves mystery and maybe romance? Thats definitely up my alley! Plus, I love books that take place in a Eutopia because I like to see what goes wrong in a "perfect world."
  5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower- by Stephen Chbosky: This movie is coming to theaters so, of course, I want to read the book first. This book is also about bullying, which I am detemined to learn more about. I saw the preview for the movie while watching The Hunger Games and it looked really good. So hopefully the book is even better!
  6. Loving- by Karen Kingsbury: First of all, Karen Kingsbury is one of my favorite authors EVER. This is the last book in this awesome series I've been reading and I just HAVE to see how it ends up. So far all the books in the series have been wonderful. I hope she made this one the best one. She's kept me on the edge of my seat through out this whole series.
  7. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children- author unknown: We watched a book trailer on this book and it looks freaking amazing!!!! It seems kinda scary and I love scary books. Plus, I love love love books about kids with special powers and this book has definitely got all that. Can't wait to read it!!!
  8. Angel (Maximum Ride Series)- by James Patterson: I absolutely am crazy about this entire series and this is the latest book that our library has. I read the first...6? books in about 2 days because they were so good. But somebody checked out Angel right when I fininshed the book before it!!! :( So I am really excited to see what happens in this book. I love James Patterson's books!
  9. The Infernal Devices- by Cassandra Clare: I've read most of the Mortal Instruments series (which I plan to re-read) and loved all of them. Mrs. Gillmore promoed this book and said this series should have been before the Mortal Instruments. So, I hope to read these books because everyone is saying they are really good.
  10. Water for Elephants- by Sara Gruen: This book has already hit the big screen but I have not watched the movie yet. I need to read the book first and I've heard from Ms. Pickett that it's pretty good. Mrs. Gillmore has a few copies so I plan to read it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment