Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The American Dream

     To me, the American Dream is what people want to do with their lives. My dream is not necessarily one big goal, but rather a series of many small achievements or ideas. Striving for what is important to me is a big part of my American dream, and I intend to acquire everything that I want in this life.
     As soon as I finish high school with a fresh diploma in my hand, that fall I will be looking for a college to derive my education. What I really want is to go to Bible College in either St. Louis or Texas. There, I could further my talent of singing, playing the piano, building the foundation of my relationship with God, and receiving my normal education in the meantime. I do not know what degree I need to become what I want to become, but I intend to research that career and find out. Hopefully, I will not be in school too long.
     Whatever it takes, I will become a librarian. Reading books is a major hobby for me, and I cannot imagine doing anything else. I want to spend my life doing something I enjoy, not moping around complaining about how boring and unexciting my job is. Being a librarian is the only thing I can picture myself doing. I love reading: being surrounded by books, and helping people get the perfect book would just make my day every day. I may be a book worm, but that is part of who I am.
     Every girl dreams of getting married. That is number three on my list. I pray to God that I will meet a dark-haired, dark-eyed guy in Bible College who loves God as much as I do, if not more. He would be perfect for me and I would be perfect for him. We could build our life together after we get married, living out in the country surrounded by nature but not too far from town. I want 4 kids or less, and no more. I could take them to school and tuck them in every night. My husband would mainly support us, since a librarian does not make alot of money. We would grow old together, rocking on the front porch surrounded by our children and grandchildren. I know life would not be all peaches and cream, but I still want to be a happy woman with everything I need.
     So basically, I want what every person wants; a life filled with accomplished goals and dreams. I want a future that is bright and chalked full of good surprises. Having strength, I can overcome the bad times. That is my Amercian Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment